Professor Ian Isherwood Pump Priming Grant 2020 - Applications Open
Background: The award is dedicated in honour of Professor Ian Isherwood (1931-2018) and his pioneering work in neuroradiology.
Aims: The aim of the grant is to provide funding for a junior trainee or early years consultant to undertake an early phase, proof-of-concept study; typically, with a view to a subsequent substantive grant application. The research should relate specifically to a branch of neuroradiology.
Eligibility: Applicants must be members of the BSNR in good standing in the relevant membership category. Trainee members of the BSNR (associate members) are encouraged, but must be supervised by a BSNR member in good standing. In addition, full members of the BSNR holding appointments of any grade (but usually within 5 years of their first consultant level appointment) are also eligible to apply. Funding will be to support new work. Retrospective funding of completed work will not be considered.
Funding: A maximum of £10,000 will be awarded to any individual project.
Form of Application and expectations:
Applications should comprise:
- Summary of the proposed project. Four page (A4); to include background, methods, outcome objectives, timelines and a description of what the grant support will specifically fund.
- Current CV
- Letter(s) of support from the research supervisor(s)
Recipients will be expected to present the results of their research project at the BSNR annual meeting in either 2021 or 2022, and provide a final written report to the Academic Subcommittee.
Method of Assessment:
Proposals will be assessed by a panel nominated by the BSNR Academic Subcommittee.
- The closing date for applications for the 2020 award is 17:00 24th August 2020
- Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held as web-based video interviews on 28th September
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome by October 2020
Further enquires and applications should be made to by email to the Chair of the Academic Subcommittee, currently Professor Rob Dineen: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Terms and Conditions