Developing standards, supporting education and promoting collaborative research in Neuroradiology and across the Neurosciences
THE BSNR AIMS:
- To promote high standards in the clinical practice of the diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology throughout the UK.
- To promote the place of neuroradiology as a core discipline of the clinical neurosciences.
- To advise and collaborate with regulatory and professional bodies regarding development of guidelines and standards for the practice of diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology.
- This includes standards for facilities, delivery of service and professional abilities.
- To support the clinical practice and continuing professional development of UK neuroradiologists.
- To ensure, in collaboration with the Royal College of Radiologists and the PMETB, that training and education of neuroradiologists are appropriate and of a high standard.
- To monitor and advise on the number of UK neuroradiology trainees and training posts in order to assist in balancing supply of and demand for neuroradiologists.
- To stimulate and encourage research and research networks including ethical collaboration with radiological and therapeutic equipment manufacturers and in particular to support the scientific evaluation of equipment and devices by high quality trials.
- To develop and maintain relationships with national and international professional bodies relevant to neuroradiology.
- To foster communication with patient groups.To promote neuroradiology to medical students, junior doctors and trainee radiologists as a rewarding and enjoyable career.
The society holds its Annual Scientific Meeting in October each year in a different medical centre in the UK and occasionally elsewhere in Europe. The Society has strong professional links with the Royal College of Radiologists. Links are also established with the European Society of Neuroradiology and the World Federation of Neuroradiological Societies. The society is also affiliated with the UK Stroke Forum.