Professor Ian Isherwood
Pump Priming Grant 2018
The British Society of Neuroradiologists is pleased to announce the call for the 2017 Professor Ian Isherwood Pump Priming Grant.
Aims: The aim of the grant is to provide funding for a junior trainee or early years consultant to undertake an early phase, proof-of-concept study; typically, with a view to a subsequent substantive grant application. The research should relate specifically to a branch of neuroradiology.
Eligibility: Trainee applicants are encouraged, but must be supervised by a BSNR member in good standing. In addition, members of the BSNR in good standing holding appointments of any grade (but usually within 5 years of their first consultant level appointment) are encouraged to apply. Funding will be to support new work. Retrospective funding of completed work will not be considered.
Funding: A maximum of £10,000 will be awarded to any individual project.
Form of Application and expectations:
Applications should comprise:
- Summary of the proposed project. Four page (A4); to include background, methods, outcome objectives, timelines and a description of what the grant support will specifically fund.
- Current CV
- Letter(s) of support from the research supervisor(s)
Recipients will be expected to present the results of their research project at the BSNR annual meeting in 2019, and provide a final written report to the Academic Subcommittee.
Method of Assessment: Proposals will be assessed by a panel nominated by the BSNR Academic Subcommittee.
- The closing date for applications for the 2018 award is 27th April 2018
- Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held at RCR in London on 7th June 2018
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome by July 2018
Further enquires and applications should be made to by email to the Chair of the Academic Subcommittee, Professor Adam Waldman: email@example.com
Applications must be received by 5pm on the closing date.