BSNR Trainee days 10th and 11th May, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
After the success of the Trainee Day at Cambridge BSNR, the decision has been made to have three further trainee days this year, one at the Dublin BSNR, and the other two in Newcastle on Thursday 10th and Friday 11th May 2018.
The course will focus on topics in Paediatric Neuroradiology (day one) and Spinal imaging (day two). Following the excellent feedback from the previous trainee days, the days will continue to have a combination of lectures and workshops.
The course will start at 10 am on Thursday morning and finish at 4pm on Friday for convenience of travel.
Number of trainees will be limited to 36 to allow for small group tutorials
Venue – Education Centre, Royal Victoria Infirmary
This course provides 12 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists
Registration fees will be £150 per person (including course dinner on 10th May 2017)
Please register your interest on this email – email@example.com
We have finalised the programme and already have an excellent faculty lined up for you.
Day 1: Paediatric Neuroradiology
- Imaging in the perinatal period: what are the options, what are we looking for and why are we doing it?
- New WHO tumour classification and how does it affect my reports?
- What we have learnt from neurogenetics club?
- Medicolegal aspects of Paediatric Neuroradiology
- CNS infection
- Epilepsy (and how does it differ from common adult aetiologies)
- Mitochondrial diseases
- Congenital abnormalities of the posterior fossa
Day 2: Spine
- What does abnormal signal change in the spinal cord mean – differential diagnosis and diagnostic approach
- What does a spinal surgeon want to know in your report?
- Role of spinal imaging and treatment strategies in intracranial hypotension
- Role of MRI in spinal trauma – how and what to report
- Vascular pathology affecting spine
- Inflammatory disorders of the spinal cord
- Cervical spine trauma
- Spinal tumours
- Spinal dysraphism
- Spinal infection
Looking forward to welcoming you on behalf of the BSNR up here in Newcastle
Post expires at 7:51pm on Sunday July 22nd, 2018